There are many people with the problem of being too skinny.
This is a concern, as being underweight can be just as bad for your health as being obese.
Additionally, many people who are not clinically underweight still want to gain some muscle.
Whether you’re clinically underweight or simply struggling to gain muscle weight, the main principles are the same.
This article outlines a simple strategy to quickly gain weight — the healthy way.
WHAT IS MEANT BY BEING UNDERWEIGHT?
Being underweight is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) below 18.5. This is estimated to be less than the body mass needed to sustain optimal health.
Conversely, over 25 is considered overweight and over 30 is considered obese.
However, keep in mind that there are many problems with the BMI scale, which only looks at weight and height. It does not take muscle mass into account.
Some people are naturally very skinny but still healthy. Being underweight according to this scale does not necessarily mean that you have a health problem.
Being underweight is about 2–3 times more common among girls and women, compared to men.
HOW TO GAIN WEIGHT FAST?
Eat more calories than your body burns
The most important thing you can do to gain weight is to create a calorie surplus, meaning you eat more calories than your body needs.
You should determine your calorie needs
If you want to gain weight slowly and steadily, aim for 300–500 calories more than you burn each day according to the calculator.
If you want to gain weight fast, aim for around 700–1,000 calories above your maintenance level.
Keep in mind that calorie calculators only provide estimates. Your needs may vary by several hundred calories per day, give or take.
You don’t need to count calories for the rest of your life, but it helps to do it for the first few days or weeks to get a feel for how many calories you’re eating.
Eat fats, proteins, carbohydrates in your every meal you take.
Some foods that are perfect for gaining weight are as follows:
- Nuts: Almonds,walnuts , macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
- High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurts, cheese, cream.
- Fats and oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
- Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
- Dark chocolate, avocados peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
DO WORKOUTS AND IMPROVE YOUR STRENGHT
Do workouts 2-4 times a week.
Try to increase reps/ weights every week.
If you’re completely out of shape or new to training, consider hiring a qualified personal trainer to help you get started.
You may also want to consult with a doctor if you have skeletal problems or any medical issue.
It’s probably best to take it easy on the cardio for now — focus mostly on the weights.
Doing some cardio is fine to improve fitness and well-being, but don’t do so much that you end up burning all the additional calories you’re eating.
Also do follow our official instagram handle (fitnessfreakers58) for daily workouts videos.
SOME EXTRA PRO TIPS FOR GAINING WEIGHT
Here are 10 extra that you follow:
1. Don’t drink water before and immediately after the meals . This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
2. Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
3. Drink milk. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein and calories.
4. Try weight gainer shakes. If you’re really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories.
5. Use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you’re trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
6. Add cream to your coffee. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
7. Take creatine. The muscle building supplement creatine monohydrate can help you gain a few pounds in muscle weight.
8. Get quality sleep. It is very important for muscle growth.
9. Eat your protein first and vegetables last. If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.
10. Don’t smoke. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, and quitting smoking often leads to weight gain.
PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMS WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO GET IN SHAPE FAST.
I hope guys you like this article be sure to give thumbs up and comment your thoughts. And be sure to follow us on our social media handles for every update.